use CTRL F to find the card you're looking for!
O: THE FOOL
- new beginnings
- entering a new phase,starting something new, expanding horizons and heading out into the unknown
- living in the moment, letting go of expectations, acting on impulse, feeling carefree
- letting go of worry and fear, feeling protected and loved, recapturing innocence, believing
- embracing folly
- accepting your choices, taking the “foolish” path, staying true to yourself, trusting your heart
- infinite potential
- represents complete faith that life is good and worthy of trust
- elieve in yourself and follow your heart no matter what
- recklessness, naivety
- acting without regard for the consequences
- being inconsiderate
I: THE MAGICIAN
- power, action and resourcefulness
- doing what needs to be done.
- realizing your potential, making what is possibly a reality by using your talents
- conscious awareness
- knowing what you are doing and why, understanding your intentions, examining the facts
- having singleness of purpose, being committed, setting aside distractions to focus on a goal
- making a strong impact, having vitality, feeling vigorous and creative
- manifestation, achieving
- not being afraid to act
- believes in himself and is willing to put that belief to the test
- knows exactly what he intends to do and why.
- no hesitation because he understands his skill and the situation completely.
- determination, focus and willpower to make the impossible happen
- a signal to act and act now, provided you understand what you want and you are committed to getting it.
- illusions; deception, trickery and cunning.
- being out of touch with reality
- being or feeling ungrounded
- manipulation, poor planning, latent talents
II: THE HIGH PRIESTESS
- mystery, intuition, subconscious mind and higher powers.
- withdrawing, allowing events to proceed without intervention but remaining receptive to influence.
- becoming calm and passive. waiting patiently
- a time of waiting and allowing.
- unconscious awareness
- using your intuition, trusting your inner voice.
- seeing potential
- understanding the possibilities and remaining open to them, seeing hidden talents, allowing what already exists to bloom.
- sensing the mystery
- looking beyond the obvious, remembering something important, seeking what is concealed.
- inner growth
- poses a challenge for you to look deeper and asks you to recall the vastness of your potential and the unlimited possibilities you hold within yourself
- repressing feelings
- feeling out of touch with your inner voice / instincts. denying them.
- ignoring your intuition
- hidden agendas
- extreme shyness or over-confidence
- superficiality and disclosure of secrets.
III: THE EMPRESS
- femininity, beauty, fertility
- nurturing and caring for others, cherishing the world, expressing tenderness
- welcoming abundance
- enjoying extravagance, receiving lavish reward, having more than enough
- experiencing the senses
- focusing on the body, appreciating beauty, feeling vibrant and healthy, doing physical activity, experiencing and giving pleasure
- responding to nature
- embracing the natural, feeling connected to the Earth
- a mother figure
- fostering happiness
- smothering love
- inserting yourself into other people's lives
- stifling creativity, creative block
- dependence on others
- famine, drought. neglected land.
- living through your children or empty nest syndrome
- feeling useless
- a lack of support or love, infidelity.
IV: THE EMPEROR
- emphasizing structure, a solid foundation.
- coordinating and creating order out of chaos, providing shape and form, being organized, applying reason, sticking to a plan
- fatherhood, a father figure
- setting direction and tone, bringing security and comfort.
- exercising authority
- taking a leadership role, exerting control, being in a position of power and strength, setting direction. fostering discipline and loyalty
- establishing law and order, following a regimen
- tyranny, domination and excessive control. uncompromising authority.
- being rigid and inflexible
- unbridled ambition
- loss of control
- misuse of power
V: THE HIEROPHANT
- religion. tradition, belief
- getting an education
- pursuing knowledge and becoming informed, seeking a deeper meaning, finding out more
- having a belief system
- sharing a cultural heritage, honoring ritual and ceremony, following a discipline, knowing where to put your faith
- following the rules, staying within conventional bounds, adapting to the system, doing what is expected of you
- sticking to what is known
- not rocking the boat
- identifying with a group
- being committed to a cause, working as part of a team, feeling loyal to others
- rebellion, challenging the status quo as a result of over-restriction
- losing control
- striking out against authority, rejecting your faith
- ejection of the establishment
- expulsion, excommunication
VI: THE LOVERS
- love, union, values, alignment and making choices.
- relationships, relating to others
- establishing bonds, acknowledging kinship, sympathizing with another, making a connection, intimacy and harmony.
- experiencing desire, opening to another, responding with passion, feeling attraction
- establishing personal beliefs
- figuring out where you stand, but staying true to yourself. making up your mind
- determining values
- struggling with temptation, choosing between right and wrong or facing an ethical choice. finding what you care about.
- disharmony, imbalance, a misalignment of values
- conflict in relationships
- possessiveness, infatuation, obsession.
- lust rather than love.
- bad choices, indecision, temptation and weakness.
- a lack of trust
VII: THE CHARIOT
- control and willpower, assertion, determination.
- achieving victory
- reaching your goal, dominating, coming out on top and beating the competition.
- using your willpower
- being determined to succeed, rising above temptation, not getting distracted from your goal and achieving it. sustaining effort, concentrating. having a set direction.
- asserting yourself
- knowing who you are. establishing an identity, making a name for yourself. moving with confidence, having faith in yourself.
- achieving hard control
- mastering your emotions, curbing your impulses and maintaining discipline. showing authority.
- a lack of control and direction. aggression.
- ambition, but at a cost. obsession with your goal
- lack of direction (restlessness)
- stress, quarrels, accidents, delays.
- courage, compassion.
- showing strength
- achieving hard control
- knowing you can and will endure, feeling unshakeable resolve, taking heart despite setbacks.
- dealing calmly with frustration, maintaining composure.
- being compassionate
- tolerance, empathy. accepting and forgiving imperfection.
- achieving soft control
- persuasion and influencing others, guiding them indirectly. tempering force with benevolence, demonstrating the strength of love.
- insecurity, weakness, self-doubt.
- a lack of self discipline
- forgetting happiness
- not knowing when to stop
- disregarding the well-being and feelings of others to achieve your desires
IX: THE HERMIT
- soul-searching, introspection, being alone. inner guidance
- being introspective
- ontemplation, self-reflection. looking for answers within, focusing inward and thinking things over. a need for clarity.
- seeking a greater understanding, looking for the truth, going on a personal quest, desiring a new direction in life.
- receiving or giving guidance
- being helped or helping someone else as a trusted mentor
- seeking solitude
- needing to be alone, withdrawing from the world, giving up distractions, retreating into a secluded, private world.
- loneliness, withdrawal, isolation.
- disoriented wandering
- a fear of being alone.
- paranoia, an identity crisis.
- fear of having to depend on others
X: THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE
- good luck, karma, life cycles
- feeling a sense of destiny
- sensing the action of fate, finding opportunity in an accident, opening to luck
- being at a turning point
- moving in a different direction, turning things around. having a change in fortune. a turn of fate.
- feeling movement
- having the tempo of life change drastically, being swept up in new developments.
- having a personal vision
- seeing how everything connects, becoming more aware, uncovering patterns and cycles, expanding your outlook, discovering your role and purpose.
- bad luck, negative external forces out of your control.
- change. chaos, uncertainty.
- fairness, cause and effect, law
- respecting truth and justice
- trying to do what is right, committing to honesty. seeking equality and being impartial.
- assuming responsibility
- settling old accounts and debts, acknowledging the truth, doing what has to be done. balancing of affairs, righting wrongs
- preparing for a decision
- weighing all sides of an issue, setting a course for the future and balancing all factors. determining the right action with full awareness.
- understanding cause and effect
- clarity, reaping what you sow, making connections between events.
- dishonesty, unfairness.
- a lack of accountability. living in denial
- being unwilling to take responsibility
- poetic justice
- bigotry, bias, intolerance
XII: THE HANGED MAN
- letting go
- accepting what is, ending the struggle, being vulnerable and open. giving up control.
- reversing the situation
- turning the world around, changing your mind, seeing things from a new angle. new perspectives
- suspending action
- pausing to reflect, living in the moment. taking time to just be and giving up urgency. waiting for the best opportunity.
- being a martyr, putting self-interest aside. giving up for a higher cause, or putting others' needs first.
- martyrdom, indecision and delay.
- avoiding sacrifice
- not seeing results of hard work
- hidden motives or agendas.
- endings and beginnings
- closing one door to open another, bringing something to a close. completing a chapter. putting the past behind you. parting ways.
- beginning of a new cycle
- going through transition
- moving from the known to the unknown, being cast adrift, being in the middle.
- eliminating excess
- cutting out what isn't necessary, shedding old attitudes, concentrating on the essentials, getting back to the basics.
- experiencing forces that can't be controlled
- being in the path of sweeping change, going through what cannot be avoided, riding your fate, accepting the inevitable. (Memento Mori)
- stagnation, resisting change. being unable to move on
- fighting the passage of time
- attempting to avoid an inevitable end.
- being temperate
- finding the middle ground, avoiding excess, reaching a compromise and mitigating a harsh position. offsetting an extreme.
- keeping calm
- maintaining balance
- achieving equilibrium, bringing together opposites. fostering cooperation. recognizing all sides. feeling centered and secure.
- experiencing health
- renewing energy and vigor, healing. enjoying well-being, recovering and flourishing.
- combining forces
- gathering together what is needed, joining with others, finding the right mix.
- imbalance and excess.
- a lack of long-term vision.
- being unable to find a middle ground
- conflicting ideas and positions.
- not cooperating.
- emotional extremes
XV: THE DEVIL
- experiencing bondage and addiction
- accepting an unwanted situation, being obsessed. feeling tied down against your will. losing independence. allowing yourself to be controlled, or submitting to someone else.
- focusing on the material
- being caught up in appearances. believing only in the physical, forgetting about the spiritual. overindulging.
- staying in ignorance
- being unaware, but choosing to stay in the dark. fearing the unknown.
- feeling hopeless
- believing the worst, despairing. lacking faith. seeing a cold world, and thinking negatively. doubting.
- breaking free and reclaiming power. detaching yourself from your vices.
- shaking off debt or addictions
- escape, release and forward motion.
- taking control of your problems and your life.
XVI: THE TOWER
- disaster and upheaval
- going through a sudden change
- experiencing upheaval, undergoing a crisis. having your sense of normalcy disrupted. being in chaos.
- having an emotional outburst, erupting in anger. breaking through pretense, letting everything go.
- being humbled, experiencing a crash. your
tower of security being destroyed, and toppling from the heights. suffering a blow to your ego.
- a fall from pride
- having a revelation
- suddenly realizing the truth, exposing what was hidden. having a burst of insight. seeing through illusions.
- avoiding or delaying disaster
- fear of suffering and change
- putting off necessary pain
- setbacks, pressure, stress.
XVII: THE STAR
- regaining hope
- thinking positively; having faith in the future. believing. counting your blessings. seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. looking forward to success.
- being inspired.
- regaining motivation. realizing an inner strength. creating, and receiving the answer.
- being generous
- wanting to spread the wealth, opening your heart. giving back what you've received. letting love flow freely and offering with no reservations.
- feeling serene
- experiencing peace of mind and relaxing. savoring perfect calm. being tranquil and enjoying harmony.
- hope after a dark time
- discouragement, despair
- loss of hope
- persistent negativity
- low self esteem and a lack of clarity.
- not feeling the love around you.
- disappointment, futility.
XVIII: THE MOON
- feeling fear
- feeling a nameless apprehension, suffering from phobias, lacking courage and being overcome by anxieties.
- believing illusions
- accepting a false picture and deceiving yourself. having unrealistic ideas or misapprehending the truth. experiencing distortions, chasing after a fantasy.
- an overactive imagination
- having vivid dreams or visions, being outlandish and bizarre.
- feeling bewildered
- direction and purpose, having trouble thinking clearly and becoming confused. being easily distracted. feeling disoriented, wandering aimlessly.
- resistance to anything spiritual.
- self delusion.
- a closed mind.
- release of fear, unhappiness and confusion.
XIX: THE SUN
- becoming enlightened
- finding the sense behind the chaos, understanding. getting to the heart of the matter and realizing the truth.
- experiencing greatness
- having a personal moment of glory, shining forth brilliantly and becoming the center of attention.
- feeling warmth and vitality
- becoming radiantly energized, bursting with enthusiasm. experiencing joy. feeling invigorated. enjoying great health.
- having assurance
- honoring your true self, knowing you can succeed. believing in your worth. forgiving yourself.
- the dawn after a dark night
- temporary depression and a lack of success.
- inability to see the good things in your life, fixating on the negativity.
- making a judgment
- having a day of reckoning, making an honest appraisal. taking a stand. making hard choices.
- a period of reflection
- feeling reborn
- transforming, awakening to possibilities and enjoying a renewed hope. making a fresh start. seeing everything in a new light and discovering joy. awakening
- hearing an inner calling
- feeling inner conviction, feeling an impulse to act. deciding to make a difference. feeling drawn in a new direction and knowing what you must do. answering a need.
- finding absolution
- feeling cleansed and refreshed, releasing guilts and sorrows. forgiving yourself and others. atoning for past mistakes, unburdening yourself.
- self doubt
- refusal of self examination
- lack of perspective
- a skewed self image
- problematic transitions. resistance, rejection, alienation.
- being overly critical and judgmental.
XXI: THE WORLD
- completion, travel
- experiencing wholeness, bringing parts together and achieving dynamic balance. working in unison.
- realizing your goals, then achieving them. seeing dreams come true. flourishing and finding a beautiful solution.
- becoming involved
- contributing, rendering a service. using a gift or talent. sharing what you have. feeling engaged and being active.
- savoring in the present, taking pleasure in life.
- inner and outer peace
- getting satisfaction, counting your blessings.
- feeling or being incomplete
- a lack of completion or a lack of closure
- missing pieces
- working toward victory
- wanting to move forward, but being held back.
- completion of your projects being delayed.